San Mateo County Library System
Library Branch Manager
As a branch manager I am performing as a leader to the staff of the branch. I am carrying out organizational, managerial, public service and community work involved in the administration and operation of the East Palo Alto Library Branch. I am developing programs, collections, and services relevant to East Palo Alto Community and creating an open and inviting space for community members.
Coastal Education Project
The Coastal Education Project is a developing non-profit organization originally created to advance conservation through education but has since restructured to supply coastal area educational non-profits with a green source of educational materials. We are also working to establish teacher training and best practices in coastal education organizations.
Lincoln Public Library, Lincoln, CA
Library Coordinator (Branch Manager)
At the Twelve Bridges Library I was given the opportunity to assist in the planning and development of the construction of a 40,000 square foot joint-use library (public, high school, community college). Upon the library’s completion I have taken the role of Branch Manager.
* Created and maintain the library system’s website – http://www.LibraryAtLincoln.org
* Write policy, create library procedures, plan budgets, outreach, create programming
* Manage day-to-day operations
* Hiring, training, and scheduling of new and current employees
* Remain well versed in cataloguing, reference, best practices, online and E-resources, and user-services
* Ensure quality and standards of great customer experience
ALA Emerging Leaders
Group K (mentoring for RUSA)
As a 2008 Emerging Leader I have been given the opportunity to work with an outstanding team of new librarians to develop a mentoring plan for RUSA (Reference and User Services Association).
ALA Student Chapter,SJSU
Co-Chair and Web-Coordinator
As Co-chair of ALASC I was responsible for assisting the Chair with the duties of the executive office, performing any function designated by the Chair, acting in any duty of the Chair when she is absent, and communicating directly with the Co-chair of other organizations. Also, I was responsible for attending ALASC functions and SJSU student association conferences. As Web-Coordinator I was also responsible for maintaining the chapter’s website and communicating directly with the web coordinators of other organizations.
Green Acres Elementary, Santa Cruz, CA
As Librarian at the Green Acres Elementary Library I was given an opportunity to gain an important understanding of library operations.
* Created and enforced the library’s strategic plan, collection development policy and website.
* Responsible for reference, cataloguing, program development, library budget, collection maintenance, and the creation of interdisciplinary library projects.
* Maintained a collection of over 10,500 books, media, and materials
* Managed a group of 10-20 student library volunteers
* Remained well educated concerning the current popular children’s literature while helping to direct children toward positive and challenging reading goals.
Santa Cruz Public Libraries, Santa Cruz, CA
As a page at Branciforte Public Library in the SCPL system I was responsible for the shelving of library materials while maintaining high library standards. I also had the opportunity to create displays, signage and other directory visual materials within the library space. Also, I circulated materials using DRA software and addressed the patron’s library and educational needs.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATES
MLIS from SJSU
California State University, Sacramento- B.A. Philosophy
Supervision 101 (Info People)
Cataloguing for Non-Cataloguers (SLA)
Branch Management (Info People)
They’re from Mars, We’re from Reference: Communicating with IT (Info People)
Library 101: What You Need… Provide Good Service in the 21st Century (Info People)
Evaluation and Discipline (Presented by Liebert Cassidy Whitmore Law Corporation)
Best Practices in Personal Management (Presented by Liebert Cassidy Whitmore Law Corporation)
Eureka Leadership Institute (info People)
American Library Association Student Chapter (ALASC)
American Library Association (ALA)
American Association of School Librarians (ALASL)
California Library Association (CLA)
Public Library Association (PLA)
Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)