From EveryLibrary –
Any library ballot initiative anywhere matters to every library everywhere
EveryLibrary is the first and only national organization dedicated to building voter support for libraries. We do this in three ways: by training library staff, trustees, and volunteers to plan and run effective Information Only campaigns; by assisting local Vote Yes committees on planning and executing Get Out the Vote work for their library’s measure; and by speaking directly to the public about the value and relevance of libraries and librarians. Our focus on activating voters on Election Day is unique in the library advocacy ecosystem. This is reflected in the training and coaching we do for campaigns.
In each election cycle, tens of millions of dollars are at stake for libraries. From bonding for new or remodeled building projects to changing millages, levies, or taxes that impact staffing, collections, programs, and services, libraries are on the ballot. EveryLibrary helps libraries:
- Assist libraries in both the pre-filing and campaign stages of an initiative.
- Provide strategic consulting services, voter segmentation advice, and assistance in developing ballot language.
- Conduct feasibility studies and assist in setting up a local committee or PAC.
- Develop a fundraising strategy for your local committee or PAC.
- Train volunteers in voter education and get-out-the-vote techniques.
During the run of a campaign, EveryLibrary:
- Continue technical and capacity-building consultancy.
- Provide direct financial support to the local committee or PAC in seed-stage or sustaining levels of support.
- Conduct direct voter education and get-out-the-vote efforts.
In each campaign, EveryLibrary will engage with the local library community to determine our best level and type of involvement. We work best for you when we work with you. Help make sure every type of library is supported at the ballot box.